Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Technology Takes You Anywhere 2008

Last Friday was the annual Technology Takes You Anywhere event here in Brisbane. We hosted nearly 700 school girls in grades 5-10. I was one of six people on the organising committee, I also presented on the day and signed hundreds of books. Was such a buzz. Julie, Tracey and Monica (also authors in TGAC) were also there to present and volunteer on the day (Julie was on the organising committee too), so they signed lots of books too. It seemed the girls liked getting their own personally signed copy, I even got high-fived by a bunch of primary school books, being told "you are like a rockstar, you are so cool, you have your own book!". 

It was such a great day. More details on the official website.
My photos here, but more to come soon from our photographer.
And you can also download our presenter booklet; you can read all about our presenters from the day.

I hope you enjoyed TTYA 2008! :)
Jenine

No comments: