Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I am going to Google!

My great news. I am a finalist in the 2008 Google Australia and New Zealand Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship! I havent won (yet!? :) but I feel like I have! I am so excited that I get to spend 2 whole days at the Google offices in Sydney in September. And I get $1000 towards my studies next year. And I get to meet and hang out with the other 11 finalists, so cool!

An excerpt from my finalist notification:
Dr. Anita Borg (1949-2003) devoted her life to revolutionizing the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields. 

As part of Google's ongoing commitment to furthering Anita's vision, we are pleased to recognize you as future leaders in technology as a Scholarship Finalist for the 2008 Scholarship.

So very excited!
Jenine :)



2 comments:

Damana Madden said...

Congratulations!

I'll be visiting on one of the days so I hope we can catch up.

Tech Girls are Chic said...

thank you :) I look forward to finally meeting you! :)